Theories about Harry Potter and the 7th and final book.
Click here for an update with JKR's Black Family Tree [scroll down]
We are left at the end of Harry and the Half-Blood Prince with the following clue:
|This article was written before the publication of the final book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and anticipates the plot.
"To the Dark Lord
I know I will be dead long before you read this
but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret.
I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can.
I face death in the hope that when you meet your match,
you will be mortal once more.
R. A. B."
Is R.A.B. Regulus Black, Sirius's younger brother? Why?
1. His note addresses the Dark Lord a term used by Death Eater's. Regulus was a Death Eater who turned on Voldemort and was eventually destroyed by him or his followers.
2. The Death Eaters knew about the Horcruxes as Voldemort said in the graveyard in GOF to his Death Eaters:
"And I asked myself, but how could they have believed I would not rise again? They, who knew the steps I took, long ago, to guard myself against mortal death?"
3. Regulus's middle name could be Alphard - named after his uncle. Other wizard characters are named after same gender family names like Harry James Potter and Tom Marvolo Riddle.
4. A locket that nobody could open was found at 12 Grimmauld Place and was discarded. It is thought either Kreacher took it with other items (Horcruxes) or perhaps Mundungus stole it.
5. Regulus removed the Horcrux with Kreacher who being an elf with limited magical powers was able to join Regulus in the one-wizard boat, but two people were required to drink the poison liquid. Regulus wrote "I" have stolen the real Horcrux, because he didn't respect his accomplice as an elf enough to be credit him.
6. Voldemort in Book 4 says of his death eaters. "There are 6 missing death eaters, 3 are dead, one too cowardly to return - he will pay (Karkorff?), one who has left me - he will be killed (Regulus) one who remains my faithful servant - he will re-enter my service (Snape?)."
7. The writer of the clue had to be dead given the way the message was written. Regulus was meant to have died the same year as HP's parents died, which was 16 years before the message was read. Yet, the message suggests the writer was aware of the prophecy that Voldemort would meet his match. Since Harry could command Kreacher, there were no living relatives of Sirius (such as Regulus) who could inherit #12 Grimmauld Place.
8. Why did Harry inherit #12 Grimmauld Place and Kreacher if they weren't going to feature in the final book?
Is Snape is working for the light all along?
1.Dumbledore trusted Snape. OK Dumbledore made big mistakes but he appeared to have had some cast-iron guarantee like an unbreakable vow.
2. Perhaps Dumbledore was dying of the poison and had instructed Snape beforehand to kill him so that Snape would gain the trust of the Death Eaters, who would lead him to Voldemort. For this same reason, Snape took the unbreakable vow to protect Malfoy.
3. Perhaps Dumbledore paralysed Harry under his invisibility cloak to stop him interfering in the plan and to protect Snape.
4. Dumbledore said "please Severus" - why would the most powerful wizard plead for his life?
5. Dumbledore was overheard arguing with Snape in the Hogwarts grounds - was this because Snape didn't want go along with Dumbledore's plan which involved killing him?
6. In the battles in the Tower, Snape never hurt Harry or his accomplices.
7. Snape owes a debt to Harry after James, Harry's father saved his life.
Most of these theories and many more are spelt out in great detail on web pages and web blogs.
My interest in Harry Potter came through my children. J K Rowling's books taught them to read. Their enthusiasm introduced me to these epic wizarding tales. Also in a strange way Harry is now a relative. I am proud to say that the beautiful actress, Geraldine Somerville who plays the short-lived but highly significant role of his mother, Lily Potter in the Harry Potter movies is a first cousin which makes Harry a cousin! .. well, sort of!
Bless you, Geraldine!
Where does Astrology come into the Harry Potter tales?
Date Twins & Time Twins. The strange and unexpected similarities between those born on the same day or at the same time.
How Deep Purple & Whitesnake rock star, Dave Coverdale used Astro*Carto*Graphy to relocate to his most creative zone.
Was Ratzinger's papacy foretold by an Irish mystic nine centuries ago? What does his chart say?
Does an induced birth affect a horoscope? A lady emailed me asking if her new born son would respond to the chart set for when he would have been born naturally or for the time when his (induced) birth occurred. A good question ... here are some thoughts.
We guard client confidentiality but some celebrities order their Equinox Horoscope with full media attention.
Master and Commander - the Movie. For more about the significance of Captain Jack Aubrey's role and the chart of Russell Crowe, inspirational leadership and the film Gladiator, the coincidence of the movie, "M & C" with the unprecedented and powerful Mars/Uranus conjunction of 2003 go to www.astrology.co.uk/news/Commander.htm
Congratulations to astrologer, Nicholas Campion on his Doctorate of Philosophy from the University of the West of England, awarded
for a study of the 'extent and nature of contemporary belief in
astrology' in the Study of Religions Department at Bath Spa University
College. This is a much deserved culmination of 6 years work for this Piscean astrologer and past President of the Astrological Association.
Sceptical UK national newspaper The Guardian comments on web news.
Astrologer News - Sydney, NSW, Australia - legendary astrologer and author Julia Parker, is now available for personal consultations from her home in Mosman by telephone. For details go to Astro*Live*Link.
World Astro*Carto*Graphy Study for George Bush: 5 key regions: fundamentalism cuts both ways... forecast of rowdy reception in Sydney materialises as Bush is heckled in the Australian Parliament ... GWB Neptune over the UK - was Tony Blair able to see the Bush from the trees?
The Governator, Arnold Schwarzenegger's election in the void indicates his tenure will not be as expected.
Latest cloning research confirms that we are more than the sum of our genes.
New Age Festivals around the world coming up in 2009, London, Manchester, Los Angeles, Fort Lauderdale, Sydney, San Francisco, Philadelphia, New York, Melbourne.
London's Mind, Body, Spirit Festival, the world's premier new age show, now faces its Saturn Return.
The Libra Effect: how psychic ability is enhanced at certain times.
In honour of Sydney Omarr (1926 - 2002) - celebrated US sun sign astrology columnist.
The life of Carole Golder, astrologer known by millions through her writing.
An official European Statistical Survey revealed that a majority of Europeans consider astrology as a science.
Serendipity - a great movie with a powerful message about fate and destiny dressed up in a simple, predictable, romantic tale.