Zane B. Stein (born 17 June 1951, Philadelphia) is an American astrologer and is known particularly for his focus on Chiron. For his work in this field, he received the Canopus Award For Excellence in 1998.
Stein was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.A. and began studying astrology in 1969. When the minor planet, 2060 Chiron was discovered in 1977, he formed The Association for Studying Chiron which published and distributed information about Chiron.
Stein's work on Chiron
Zane Stein with Brian Marsden
Stein wrote the first article about Chiron, "Chiron: What Does It Mean To You?", which appeared in the January 1981 issue of Dell Horoscope magagazine, which was reprinted in their October 1984 issue as a "Notable Reprint". In 1983, he published the first Chiron reference, "Interpreting Chiron", which he included two years later in his book, Essence and Application: A View From Chiron.
Stein lectures throughout the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, and Australia. He holds membership of the Association for Astrological Networking (AFAN) and the International Society for Astrological Research (ISAR). He is married to astrologer Lynette Malone and currently resides in Spearwood, Western Australia.
- ^ a b Reid, Linda (July 5, 1998). "Canopus Award for Excellence". Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- ^ "San Diego Astrology Society past speakers". San Diego Astrology Society. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- ^ "Interview with Zane Stein on Chiron". The Sue Lovett Show. April 7, 1994. WUPW-Channel 48.
- ^ "Most recommended astrology text books. Based on: Dave's "Top Ten" Astrology Books (revised Oct/2012).". astrologyweekly.com. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- ^ "Conference at Loughborough University. Healing the Wound by Zane Stein". The Astrological Association of Great Britain. 1985. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- ^ "Zane Stein � Lecture and Workshop at South Melbourne City Hall, Australia". VAA Victorian Astrologers Association Inc. Sept. 1, 2010. Retrieved July 15, 2013.
Is there a scientific basis to astrology? What's the evidence to support this?
Astrology News Page. Information, stories, theories and facts.
Articles on Astrology, Movies, Science, Art, Economics, Literature, History etc
Site map with iconic links to the key commercial & informative hubs on 4 sites.
Biographies of notable individuals connected with astrology.
Biography of Charles Harvey, astrologer, teacher, author and inspirational leader.
Biography of Professor Ertel, investigator into Gauquelin's studies and other claims.
Obituary of astro-researcher Michel Gauquelin written by Professor Eysenck.
Astrology & Science Articles
What is the evidence for and basis of Astrology?
How Signs of the Zodiac differ from constellations & why there are 12 signs.
Problems with testing Astrology
'Guerilla skeptics' have hijacked Wikipedia to push an anti-astrology agenda.
Carlson/CSICOP Double Blind Test
From Royal art to academic outcast.
Bias masquerading as scepticism
Theories of Dr Percy Seymour
A lack of a known mechanism
Was Kepler an astrologer or sceptic?